Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dad

Wise, Committed, and Loving

Those are the words that i would ascribe to my dad and i'm sure most of you would say the same as well about your dad

They've been there for the worst and in the best of times. They beat the shit out of us but for some reason, we always come back better as a result of it.

Personally, I consider my dad to be a polar opposite of me. He seems to have an endless supply of friends. I mean my mom and i would get so annoyed sometimes that even the guy parking his car beside ours is also his friend and they'd talk for more than 10 minutes.But it goes to show, my dad loves everybody. He cares about people. He considers everyone to be worthy of his time and attention and to that extent, is what i think makes him such a great man and dad.

Secondly, my dad is as close to Arsene Wenger as Arsene Wenger. He's Arsene Wenger in the sense that he keeps the purse string as tight as possible. He tries very hard to save the money he earns not only for himself but for us as well. As children, we don't really see the motive behind these things, but as my siblings and I grew older, it became clear to me why he had to cut a few things in our lives. He constantly reminds us to always Plan ahead. not just today and tomorrow but 10 , 20 years ahead. I know now that i wouldn't need a financial planner in the future, because that's why i have my dad for

My dad (and I suppose my brother and I) have a certain swagger for words. My brother calls my dad a 'sweet talker' and by observing many of his conversations and phone calls, I mean if you can sustain a meet and greet to a 30 min conversation with Teh Tarik on the side. I'd say your pretty good with words. My dad has this certain aura around him. He resonates optimism and charisma through his words and actions.

Another thing i learned from my dad is his humility. He drives a very nice car. Normally people equate driving big expensive car= rich jerk showing off. I admit i did believe this as well. But one time, when i was at the petrol station with my dad. I realized something. Regardless of what car he drives,his car, my sisters car or my brothers or a kancil or a myvi, he always takes the time to use those wipers to give the car a nice wiping. He appreciates and values the things he uses, he never neglects them like some other people who dont even wash their car at all and just pay a car wash company to wash it for them. For me, that was when i realized my dad actually very humble and down to earth.

And i suppose, the most awesome part about my dad is

" Its okay for you to say no " and "Sorry"

Comparatively to other families, i think my family is very open in the sense that nothing is a 'law' and nothing is forced upon us. He doesn't force us to be on his side. He merely just suggests us what he thinks is the best in our interest.He encourages to ask and argue with him so that he can elaborate his reasoning. He doesn't really enforce us to do anything, he just wants the best for us And if he knew he made a mistake, he himself would also apologize to us as well. My dad and mother both are against the idea of disowning children and they always say to us that regardless of anything, they will still love us no matter what. Even my dad admitted himself that he went against his parents as well but in the end it turned out well for him so why not us as well. It was then that i truly realized

That parents are not suppose to be a pain but rather they are just helping you succeed in life.That's all it is and that's all there is to it

I may not be the ideal child. and i may frustrate both of you sometimes. But let it be known that i am still in debt to repay your guidance and kindness and i intend to remain faithful to that promise

HAPPY FATHERS DAY PAPA

I'll try my best to get you that Porsche
someday

Love
Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment