Friday, December 30, 2011

Thoughts about the past year

1.Its hard to control emotions. Hating and jealousy can be entirely subconscious sometimes. It takes a lot of willpower and determination to change those thoughts. But it can be done

2.Letting go is sometimes the most painful but the most liberating experience of all

3.You can hate something or someone deeply and it feels good. It makes us feel that we have been wronged by others and as a result forces our thoughts to focus on that particular persons fault rather than our own. Hatred feeds on the feeling of expectation and entitlement, which as a human being, cannot be expected with others. In the end of the day, you realize hatred is a self-depreciating emotion.It eats you up and makes you arrogant with a righteous disposition, which is much worse than arrogance itself

4.Judging is a subconscious act. Sometimes it just happens. You don't intend it but it pops in your head like how memories or words pop up when you converse with others. You cant prevent it from happening but you can definitely prevent it from getting in your head. And honestly, ever since being here, i feel that people of my faith sometimes judge others more quickly than others do. Not all but the large majority which worries me.

5. With the right people and support, you can do anything ! For the last 19 years of my life I have never felt this level of acceptance and understanding in my life. I'm surrounded by such breathtakingly wonderful people who are beautiful inside and out. Regardless of which, they have always been very welcoming and are always willing to teach me how to become a better person which i will continually do in my life

6.I'm a sponge. Admittedly, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed but I'm the type that absorbs things from people.I would consider the main reason why i was able to do well for the last few years is my ability to easily absorb what other people know and use it to understand what im doing. I've always been surrounded by such great people, I always learn something from these people by just being right beside them. I hope to share what i know to people someday and make them better individuals too. The virtuous cycle as they say

7. I know I have this untapped potential, but im not sure how to get it out. Sooner or later, it will though. I'm positive

8. Nothing is set in stone unless you want it to be. God changes the fate of those who want their fates to change. Life is an open book and we're free to write whatever we want and that is exactly what i hope to do in the following years

9. Always assume the good rather than the bad of people. People can surprise you sometimes with their generosity and sincerity.Don't make it a habit of thinking too much of others intentions, always say thank you and keep on good terms with everyone

2 comments:

  1. Just happened to pass by here and completely agree. this article is really inspiring and reminds you that when you dislike someone, to take a step back and look at the situation from a better and fairer perspective. it really helps to move forwards in the righteous way.

    What would you personally do if you seemed to satisfy everyone you know, except, lets say in my case, an ex girlfriend which we both choose to become friends?

    we dont get on anymore. I believe shes the problem because i have no where near the same level of problems with anyone else but she says exactly the same thing about me and i dont care that we dislike eachother but i do respect her and trust what she says? so how do i know if i am at fault and need to change, or if it is the other person? when all my friends (honest people) say it must be her BUT i know they have not seen us together so my friends could be bias towards me.

    I would really appreciate your personal input because I'm not perfect and open minded, willing to change if i can or should. thanks very much

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey rob i've been thinking for quite some time really on what to say and i have to admit, i have no idea what i would do in your situation too.

    for me, the idea of letting go of a friend let alone an ex-lover is difficult.

    personally for me, when i realize things are not feeling as they should be, rather than keeping it, i would rather go out and face it head on. and if things are still the same, perhaps moving on would be an option

    you could also give it time, time is always the best healer

    ReplyDelete